Lately, demand for enterprise mobile application development has been on the rise. This enterprise solution is required within the organization to solve specific problems and streamline internal operations. It can be tailored to include capabilities for reporting, analysis, document templates, company data, and much more. Enterprise mobile app development is done in stages. Keep reading to learn about the benefits as well as challenges related to mobile app development for enterprises.
How Can Enterprise Mobile Apps Stimulate Your Business?
Enterprise mobile app development enables firms to streamline employee communication while also giving them complete control over task execution.
Enterprise mobile applications allow you to optimize the process of creating a sales funnel and tracking the stages of work for managers.
Corporate mobile applications increase information access, accelerate document completion, and automate various operations.
This is a cost-cutting and work-optimization tool. Workflows that are effectively designed boost overall team efficiency by 40%, while corporate mobile applications increase it by 40%.
Some of the key advantages of enterprise mobile app development services are below:
- To achieve business objectives, time and money resources are decreased.
- When gathering precise information and examining department performance to improve it, you can save time.
- Interaction between company representatives and customers is ongoing.
- Less time spent means more accomplished activities.
- The interaction between the structural divisions of the company is being improved.
The Primary Stages of Enterprise Mobile App Development
- Preparation and analytics comprise researching the client’s needs, gathering data, brainstorming ideas, and developing tasks. At this step, the major goal is to establish whether the mobile service can answer the client’s problem. A product manager, business analyst, HR specialists, developers, marketers, designers, editors, content managers, and testers are then assembled.
- Technical specifications are documents that explain the goals, requirements, and functioning of a project.
- Prototyping is the process of building a clickable prototype that helps you to understand the appearance of the application: the placement of elements, the set of functionalities, and implementation alternatives.
- Designers prepare all of the application’s components while programmers develop the code and generate the application’s pieces.
- Testing and launch – they are the stages of testing, capabilities, and hacking prevention.
- The finished application must be integrated with existing IT systems, and users must be configured.
- Employee training comprises showing users the finished product and demonstrating all of its features and functionalities.
Mobile App Development for Enterprise: Features And Technologies
There are three basic categories of business applications based on the user category:
- Employee application for internal communication, tracking updates, and task assignment to coworkers.
- Departmental application developed to aid specialized teams such as marketing, finance, and customer service. They can be utilized internally as well as externally.
- Application for the entire organization – in terms of functionality, it is comparable to a private social network that connects all of the firm’s employees; it can also be used to store data. Furthermore, different levels of access, for example, based on position, can be provided by such an application.
Corporate Mobile Application Case Study
Consider the top four enterprise applications:
- Slack is a messaging tool for businesses that allows you to build private groups and public channels, talk in private channels, and make audio and video conversations.
- Jira is a toolset that allows users to create issues or bugs, assign ownership, and track their progress.
- Salesforce is a software-as-a-service (SaaS) system that connects businesses with their customers. The purpose of the program is to deliver sales statistics about the client’s personal information to the appropriate teams.
- Stripe is an online payment service that provides an API for money transfer transactions that can be integrated into the user experience of a mobile application.
Calculating The Cost Of An Enterprise Mobile App
Enterprise mobile app development cost varies greatly and is influenced by the complexity of the idea and the amount of time spent, the workload (number of staff), the number of technologies and tools used, security and information transmission issues, and integration with other services. After analyzing the assignment, the contractor announces the precise price. Industries assess the actual cost on an individual basis; however, some publish average pricing on their website for the development of unique apps.
Levels of Enterprise Mobile Application
Let’s check out each one of them:
Employee-level apps are designed to manage internal workflows. It also removes any inaccuracy or mismanagement of a certain project; thus, there is no room for delay in your project.
Department level: These applications differ slightly from the first. Department-level apps aid companies in completing departmental duties. According to the firm structure, the key departments of an organization include finance, production, sales, marketing, and others.
This type of tool ensures proper team coordination while working. Customers’ feedback is solicited on a regular basis. To put it short, when the entire team is on the same page, the process runs smoothly and ultimately fulfills the company’s goals.
Enterprise-level management: After a corporation successfully connects employee and departmental activities, enterprise-level management takes over. It is aimed at top management in order to gain access to all firm information.
Enterprise-level apps facilitate the interchange of data between multiple levels of management. They also provide a clear picture of the company’s growth. Businesses might also design future policies by evaluating the findings.
Enterprise Mobile Application Development: Points to Note
Before proceeding to the subject of enterprise application development, let’s consider the following key factors.
✦ Business objectives
Start with research on the kind of product your business needs and its correspondence with the current business objectives. Thus, prior to making some investments into app development, understand what you are willing to achieve with a mobile application and set your business plans accordingly.
Enterprise mobile application development is very complex. It requires a lot of administration and legal proceedings from the enterprise’s side. Further, you need to decide who will be in charge of hiring software developers. Remember, the employees will need training on how to use the enterprise mobile app.
You need to decide which platforms will support your enterprise mobile application and plan the development process accordingly. In fact, you need to go with cross-platform development if your employees will be using the enterprise mobile app on their respective devices.
✦ Third-party integrations
You make the upfront choice of whether your enterprise mobile app will integrate with other apps. For example, you may require CRM systems such as Hubspot or Salesforce for your enterprise application integration with the applications that your staff currently uses.
Granting access to enterprise-level applications to the staff on their mobile devices also puts corporate data at risk. So, please consider possible scenarios where this data may be compromised and design a secure system, i.e., a fortress. Your employees are granted login access. Such an approach will help them transfer data securely without exposing corporate information.
Different approaches for Enterprise Mobile Application Development
You make the decision to create an application with the mindset of a long-term investment. We will demonstrate various ways from which you can select the best one for your development process.
Bundled mobile apps
Packaged mobile apps might help your mobile app project get off to a good start in the short run. However, its functionalities will be limited, and it may be insufficient when connecting to a sophisticated enterprise system.
To add new functionality and integration possibilities, your company will need to write bespoke code.
The rationale for bespoke code is that every firm is unique, as are its goals, objectives, mission, and working cultures. So just because one company is using bundled mobile apps doesn’t mean you should, because the same methodology can provide different results for two distinct businesses.
Integrated mobile developer services
Enterprise mobile app developers make up for the flaws of packaged mobile applications. In this situation, the app is built on the foundation of adaptability.
Mobile is viewed as a component of a cloud-native application development infrastructure in the mobile developer services approach. In this strategy, developers use reusable mobile services across several apps and platforms. Rather than implementing a new development platform, firms can improve the ones they already have for mobile use cases.
But why develop with an integrated service?
The decision to build enterprise mobile apps is ideal for basic consumer use and other circumstances where data security and scalability are secondary concerns. However, in order to offer an enterprise-level mobile solution, a development platform that enables flexibility, consistency, and security is required.
Microservices are sometimes used by modern developers to split down apps into discrete components. Micro-services make it easier to add functionality to mobile applications without having to do the same thing over and over. When you combine microservices and containers, you will have the foundation for cloud-native development.
Employees and the organization will benefit from the corporate software by streamlining internal and external procedures, increasing employee motivation, and cutting costs. Before you continue your search for programmers, you should first decide on the duties that the application should perform and produce a correct list of needs. The developer will handle the rest.